Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The 2nd of November

Things I learned today.
By today I mean last night at yoga/meditation class and this morning as I pondered some things. And by learn I mean relearn somethings I already new but haven't thought about in a long time or learn it again but deeper.
At the end of my Kunda yoga class on Tuesday nights there is always a story that holds a lesson. Last nights story was about a warrior and a master, an oak tree and a rose bush. This morning I came across this which I feel is that very story condensed into two clear simple sentences.


Source: houzz.com via Leila on Pinterest



During the women's meditation class that I attended after yoga we talked about word we live by and also were asked what we gifts we thought we possessed.
It was interesting how all three of us that attended the class had similar quotes that we felt were important to us. Mine was "sometimes the only mode of transportation is a leap of faith" Another was "jump and the net will catch you" and the other was " if you take the first step, providence with provide" All were paraphrased some what but you can see that there is a common theme going on there.
I found it difficult to think of myself as gifted in any way. As I think of other people I know it was obvious what their gifts are. The leader of the group pointed out that other would probably see my gifts as obvious too. I like to think so but I clearly need to work on that part of my self esteem.
This too is a part of my learning this past 24 hours;

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~ by Marianne Williamson, A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles


What I learned today?

I learned that I crave a bigger faith in all things.
I learned that I do have gifts I just need to find them.
I learned that why it is so important to stop comparing myself to others, because Albert Einstein says so.

No comments:

Post a Comment