Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The 9th of November

What an amazing day!
Oh the amount of great things that happened today.
1. Sean the Great did not have to run off to the job site super early this morning thus allowing him to join me in my walk with the dogs.
2. He was then able t bring me "My Thai" for lunch between meetings. What a treat.
3. I was able to get the PAC minutes typed up and emailed to the PAC chair today, the best part of that is, the meeting was only last night. The last two month I was typing up the minutes the day of the next meeting. So I am really proud of myself for breaking my procrastinating cycle this time.
4. My cherished friend from days gone by phoned me today, it has been a couple of years since we spoke. This was the happiest moment of my day. I miss you friend.
5. I was true to myself tonight. I remembered my commitment to focus on my emotional health this month. I said no to a policy 1100 parent meeting (after I had already said yes) and I went to a meditation for healing class. I was the only one that showed up for this class so I felt kind of awkward at first but the meditation was enlightening and the woman who lead the class was perfect.
6. I had a good laugh over this one, after close inspection of my life around me I came to realize that there were no other signs that I had entered a parallel universe so I looked for answers elsewhere and found that I did not, in fact, miss a day. I counted the 5th twice. BAHhahahah... I could edit it but I read something recently about finding the beauty in our mistakes.
7. I started reading "The Tibetan Art of positive thinking" last night. I only made it through the introduction and a couple pages of the first chapter before I fell asleep but I am going to believe that this knowledge has already had an impact on me. A Positive impact. (see what I did there?)

I have to say that this month is really looking good. Only one sad day. The house is still a mess. There is still a pile of mail on my desk. But I feel good. I feel really good.


No comments:

Post a Comment